Monday, April 11, 2016

My Fourteenth Thing - Free-lancing Pt. 2

Do Work Son.

I have made my online design portfolio, I have created my profile on an e-lancing site, I have publicized my side-hustle to friends/family/acquaintances, and have even applied and responded to jobs. So what's the next logical step to all of those?!??!

What about actually GETTING SIGNED TO A FREELANCING JOB?!

Or hell - how about two?!?!?!?

If the interobangs offer any clues - they should at least be implying my utter and insane amount of gratitude to the universe for recognizing me among the multitude of worthy designers. Not only were my job submissions read but they were accepted by real people who want me to help them graphically represent their company.

The fact that this is really happening only a mere few months following my slight curiosity into what a secondary side hustle could actually offer is legitimately mind-blowing to me. To think that many of the blogs and writings that I read on HOW to acquire a name in freelancing said I shouldn't be devastated if my submissions go unrecognized for over a month of steady applying.

I only had answered/applied to 14 job posts. From there I had four messages asking further information. And out of those I had gotten two responses. Those percentages are unwarranted in this business model for a 'beginner'.

So I have two jobs to work on now.

I am now only 3-4 steps away from the main three to five goals I had set out to accomplish at the beginning of this project. 14 things in and I am doing real things that real designers do. I am aghast at this amazing opportunity. My jaw is unrescuable. 

Thank you universe. I won't be letting you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment