Ninja Training. Kinda.
While it might not
seem like I am concentrating much on my 9to5 the opposite is actually true. I
am keenly aware of my output during the majority of my day.
I have done some
pre-work to define out some audaciously hairy goals, to attend some online classes to
widen my educational footing, to volunteering & pushing myself to attend at least 2
more projects than I would normally be assigned to and answering, to coding/developing and closing out some tickets that needed some love.
But my favorite
accomplishment is my forceful entrance into the company offered Green Belt Six
Sigma training. When I put it as one of my goals last year my manager said she
wasn't sure it was attainable but said we could look into it. When that didn't
flower into a real opportunity I knew that I could not leave it up to chance
this year. I mentioned that I *would* attend during goal setting and she again
raised her eyebrow. Within two weeks I had located the trainers for the 2016
sessions and had fully signed up for the courses. A few weeks subsequent and I
was working with a black belt to refine my charter and ready myself for Day one
of the course.
I wasn't leaving it up to chance for another year.
I wasn't leaving it up to chance for another year.
I knew that if I
left it up to fate that I could potentially be another year waiting for this
course. Within my area a knowledge of these methodologies is not only highly
useful - but can make or break your ability to be taken seriously by those in
our production centers. Production and quality rely on Six Sigma. To automate
for our production centers I needed this information if not for any other
reason than understand their vocabulary of acronyms.
To-Date I have
completed 2/3rds of the course and I can factually say that I represented my team
well. I am excited with all of this new knowledge and (almost
certification) that can even carry with me even if I transition outside of this
company.
It's been a
difficult few months here at my 9to5 trying to fit in the work required to be
noticed in my team but I am hoping it will make a difference here in the near
future.
Woop Woop! Green Belt here I come!
Woop Woop! Green Belt here I come!

No comments:
Post a Comment