Print Something
This was something
that technically wasn't a success but I had to really push myself past the
'activation energy' stage. Earlier in the year I had come into the ownership of a
high quality printer. A color laser printer with lots and lots of ink. This has
literally been a dream of mine for the last 10 years.
A COLOR LASER
PRINTER WITH LOADS OF INK THAT I DID NOT HAVE TO PERSONALLY PURCHASE.
You would think I
would have had it hooked up and been printing loads of pretty pictures immediately
upon walking its giant, hulking mass through my front door. This is not the case. This is partly due to
two things. First being that I do not have a great history with printers from a technical
perspective. I may or may not have gotten into more than one losing argument with a printer or two in my past. Secondly, I knew this one was 'gently used' and therefore
increased the chances of thing one being a real issue.
I let it sit on its lonely little table for months.
So my
"Thing" was to address this activation energy that had been building
inside me since that first day.
I needed to print
"SOMETHING". Ie: anything. I needed to hook the cords to one of my
various laptops and send information packets in its general direction.
Fortunately, the initial
hookup procedure was relatively (and surprisingly painless). The printing aspect
was not quite as successful. It does print but the image is rotated 90 degrees and
slips about halfway down the page. Regardless of multiple changes to the setup and printing preferences. Additionally, each print requires me to open
the top and unjam it because it is attempting to double feed.
Who guessed that would happen?
I did tinker and
pander to it for about an hour before I forced myself to walk away or risk the
induction of an aneurysm from this very predictable outcome. Fortunately I'm not
out more than the 20 dollar donation and a few pieces of paper. Plus, it is not
completely unlikely that these problems are fixable - I just need to readdress
them later when literally nothing depends upon the outcome.
So I did print SOMETHING - it just didn't print with the orientation and ease that I would have hoped. If I want to take prints to Gypsy then I need to print them a different way.
Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So I did print SOMETHING - it just didn't print with the orientation and ease that I would have hoped. If I want to take prints to Gypsy then I need to print them a different way.
Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No comments:
Post a Comment