Monday, April 11, 2016

My Seventh Thing - Turn in Gypsy Contract

Satin and Brass Part 2 - Turn in contract/pay.

The actual act of turning in a contract for Satin and Brass to be in the Gypsy Flea Market does not initially seem like it should occur as a 'thing'. Simply fill out the two page contract and return it to the hosts along with a mailed check. These things can be done in the span of about 15-20 minutes. It would feel like cheating if I included them as a 'thing' in my project if that was actually the case.

But it is not even close.

These two small things are bigger because it meant I was legitimizing our endeavor to be *real*. I was stating that our silly crafts deserve to sit ourselves on a stage that other *real* vendors would also be sitting on. Many of whom had been practicing and perfecting this craft for years.

Who am I to say I deserve such a chance to be seen as their equal. I didn't even have one project done yet - how do I even know I would have anything to sell. How do I know anyone would even want to buy my things? What if this is a colossal waste of time and money?

It was a bet on myself, my creativity, my design sense, and my ability to keep promises. It was that same bet on my two closest friends. It was a bet that I/we made that we would be successful in this realm.

So after much back and forth with myself and many questions to my co-conspirators I FINALLY clicked send and dropped our check in the mail. I have since received confirmation on our booth type and location.

Some of these things may look small when written in black and white. Insignificant, miniscule actions that literally any human could do. After each push to complete a 'small' thing - I find my confidence and sense of individual strength stronger than before.

Join into a market display of 70 + vendors that is regionally known to be a GIANT crowd that causes massive, immediate sell-outs of inventory? With zero of that said inventory yourself? With little more than a cute idea and desire to try something new?

Sure; why not?!

No comments:

Post a Comment